Senior Public Relations Associate
Paid time off
Tara Dowdell Group (TDG) is a strategic public relations and marketing agency driven by a passion for promoting organizations and businesses engaged in social good. Our clients consist of nonprofits, foundations, public sector agencies, healthcare organizations, and mission-driven businesses.
We are a dynamic and growing agency that prides itself on inventive strategies, team collaboration, results delivery, and values-driven integrity. The Senior PR Associate will serve as the content lead for the PR team under the leadership of the PR & Digital Marketing Manager. They will be responsible for assisting TDG’s clients with sharing their impact through public relations and storytelling.
- Draft press releases, media advisories, and pitches
- Pitch clients to media
- Assist with client PR strategy
- Serve as a lead on some client accounts
- Staff client interviews by phone, virtually, and in person
- Draft op-eds
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with print, radio, TV, and digital media
- Proofread and edit content
- Assist with event planning and digital activations for your assigned client accounts
- Provide other project support, as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, or a similar field
- 5 years or more of experience in media or public relations
- Examples of story placement and/or published op-eds or articles
- Ability to manage several tasks or projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Solution and strategy focused
- Attention to detail for client brand, tone, and values
- Knowledge of Google Workspace, Google Drive, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Flexible and adaptable to rapid change
- Comfortable with a collaborative team approach
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
TDG offers competitive salaries and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please note that 3 references and 2 writing samples will need to be provided upon request.